More Butterflies

I don't do this often, but there are more butterfly photos to share from the Blooming Butterflies exhibit at Olbrich Botanical Gardens.

Photos taken by me July 29, 2017

Here they are with just a few words:

                                            Common Buckeye






    Monarch at rest out in the gardens.  I followed him/her around for several minutes before it let me approach





Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.






 It's important to be ready. 
Same Monarch, it only briefly opened its wings.









  Julia Butterfly, inside Bolz Conservatory, hanging on blossoms on a tree.










                                                        Painted Lady poses for the camera




          The Pipevine Swallowtails didn't stop much, or posed at a distance.  this guy is missing parts of its tails but soaked up rays about 10 feet away.


                                     Another outside beauty, called a White Cabbage Butterfly, in the Gardens.






This creature hid off a path in the shadows - it's called a White Peacock.  And no, I never say it open up.





     I like this close-up because you can just see the Zebra's proboscis drinking up the flower's nectar. 





I could photograph the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail all day long as it moved from flower to flower.






       



The final "extra" butterfly - a Julia posing between a couple leafy curtains.  
                                                             What a fun show!

Comments