Working for the Weekend

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody's wants a new romance
Everybody's going off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh!

  Loverboy's "Everybody's working for the weekend"

The year I graduated high school, the Canadian band Loverboy introduced the catchy rock and roll number, "Everybody's working for the Weekend."

It was one of two of their 6 top 10 rock songs that each topped out at number 2 (the other, "Hot Girls in Love").

However, after this bit of misdirection, this blog isn't about a 36 year old rock song - but the thought behind the lyric of each of us working for our weekends.

Wednesday is hump day as we get past the middle of the week and take the slide toward the weekend.  

Friday around the office is the day to greet co-workers, "Hey, it's Friday - what are you doing this weekend?"

I don't know about you, but many times I'm not really doing much at all.

When the song was getting a lot of air play, I was a freshman in college and the weekends seemed to start on Thursday.  There were games to attend, dances or parties to attend, and friends to hang out with.

That still sounds good to me, but I'm a bit tired from the work week.  I'll just sit over here and watch.  You have fun, though, I've got a Packer game to watch tomorrow and I'm going to need my energy.

Comments