Koffee Kup Kafe

It's mentioned in the book, Cafe Wisconsin, as one of the good home-town places to eat while visiting the state.

The Koffee Kup Kafe is at the east end of the Main Street through Stoughton, Wisconsin.

It's popular with the locals, and it quickly becomes evident why.

The morning of my visit, the place was bustling.  There was a table of local wise men in the back; families and friends crowded into booths or around tables in the cozy diner with a friendly atmosphere.

I felt at home right away as I slipped into a seat next to the only open table I could find.

Moments later I was greeted by a friendly server who finished cleaning off the table from the last guest.  She offered a menu and a glass of water and gave me time to check the selection.

"Just a hot tea, please, and a chocolate chip pancake."

It arrived shortly after and the pancake had a terrific taste; separating itself from the everyday.

Looking through the morning paper while I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast was a perfect transition into the day ahead.

You can eat all three meals plus enjoy some mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks in the Koffee Kup Kafe.

Unlike a lot of breakfast and lunch only spots - the Kafe is open 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. everyday - so you can grab dinner, too.

It gets two thumbs up from me, and a word of advice to look sharply for it.  I don't know how many previous trips through Stoughton took me right past their door and I completely missed them.

It's safe to say that won't happen again.

Comments