Fitzgerald's Fine Dining

It feels like a Supper Club once you walk inside Fitzgerald's in Middleton.

I used to live up north and the Black Bear Supper Club was a favorite place for special nights out.  The Black Bear is just north of Augusta on Highway 27 overlooking the Eau Claire River served good food in a comfortable atmosphere.  You could walk in for a fancy night on the town or head in after a day of fishing in clean jeans and t-shirt.

Fitzgerald's gave me the comfortable vibe too, when we walked in. White tablecloths, subdued lighting, and a hum of good conversation made us feel at home as soon as we arrived.

Friendly smiles and quick greeting at our table invited us to make a drink order and shared how the inviting salad bar could be combined with one of their entrees.

Our server then gave us a few minutes to choose what we wanted and returned with a small warm loaf of bread and some honey infused butter.

I like bread.  This was practically perfect.  I limited myself to just 3 slices, and thoroughly enjoyed each bite.

We chose to split their Rib-eye steak with a baked potato and trip through the salad bar.

Yum.

I was so hungry I started eating before thinking I needed to get a quick photo.  Since we were splitting the entree what you see is half a portion.

It's our little effort to control portion size and leave some room for dessert!

Fitzgerald's does offer a Friday night Fish Fry and Prime Rib on Fridays as well.

The food was very good.  What I enjoyed the most was the friendly and professional service with an attention to detail I don't see often anymore.

Dessert?  Triple chocolate cake Ala mode.  My goodness, it was like little tastes of heaven and certainly validated the decision to split the entree.

In my world, Fitzgerald's is a place for special nights out - anniversaries, birthdays, and in this case, Valentine's Day.  It costs a little more than some of the nicer national franchises, but the locally -owned restaurant is worth it, especially when you need a place to rise to the level of your occasion.

Comments