Lou Gehrig? Cal Ripken? Not me

The streak is ending.

It's not a long streak by most standards.  Lou Gehrig played 2, 130 consecutive baseball games.  Cal Ripkin topped his record by playing 2,632.

January 2, 2013 is the last day I failed to post a blog.  In the last three years it was my goal to have something new and ready to read each morning at 7:30 Central Time in the United States.

One for each day equals 1,095 and there are a number of days during that time when I published twice.

Some days were much better than others.

There were days when I really didn't have much to write about, which is when the various "Wacky Holidays" came in handy to spur a thought or two.

This is blog post 1,223.  There are more to come, but I think we might both be better served if I write when I have something to say.

There's a thought.... maybe a blog idea, even.  "Only talk when you have something to say!"  (What a concept.)

There will be blogs about the Packers (hopefully through Super Bowl 50), Badgers, Bucks, and Brewers.  Blog posts about little diners and foods I like to eat.  Passages about bike rides and places I might visit.  Perhaps, I'll try a blog fiction series again.

And I'm guessing there will be stretches of everyday posts.

If you want to keep up with the latest bits of Pointdexter Ponderings... move your cursor over the right side of the home page and look for an icon with a dot in the lower left corner and two crescents above it.  By clicking on the RSS icon, you can subscribe to this little ol' blog and get a notice every time there is something new.  You can do the same by clicking on G+ and becoming a Google Plus follower.

Either way, that's OK - or just stop in from time to time.  I'll look forward to our talks.

Postscript:  The streak actually reached 1,096 days because of the Packer's Memo published January 4.   Just in case any future historians are checking out the veracity!  :-)


Comments