Round of 64

I won't be taking this to the bank, and neither will you (very likely).  But you are welcome to play along at home and see how the ball bounces this weekend and the rest of the trip to the Final Four.

By the way, the odds of picking the remaining 63 games correctly is 9.2 quintillion to 1.  I'll win the lottery and be struck by lightning first.

My bracket was filled out on Monday, so if Dayton loses one of the "First Four" games, I lose big off the bat since I have them making it into the Sweet Sixteen.

Just take a chance.. take a chance on me.  That's one of the songs that made Abba famous and it's a good idea for bracket fillers.  You can expect a few upsets the opening weekend, but after that it usually is the favorite coming out on top.

It's the approach I took with this year's effort.  Buffalo and Valpo make for an underdog Third Round game in the Midwest.  The air out West will be filled with dust as the chalk picks move (it's difficult to think of a #9 beating an #8 as an upset).  In the East. UNI sends the Cardinals back to Louisville and Dayton uses a home-town send off to play the Spartans who beat Virginia in a surprise.  Down South, Davidson and East Washington knock down favorites early.

Looking at it now, before the action starts - I think there is a reasonable opportunity for the teams I picked to reach the Sweet Sixteen.  But, I don't think it will happen that way.  (If it does, I'll remind you!)

You can look down the Road to Indianapolis and see a B1G Championship re-match on my bracket, which would be a surprise but one I'd love to see with Bucky Badger cutting down the nets.

I have this sheet in a "for amusement purposes only" challenge at work - it awards points for each game chosen correctly.   I'll let you know how that goes.

Happy Brackets!



Comments