A Trip to New Deli

There's anew place to eat in town right along the road I drive to and from work each day - Jason's Deli.

It's the newest of 240 locations for the small chain promoting fresh and healthy ingredients with friendly service and a unique twist.

My first visit was just a week ago and the best piece of advice I received was to grab one of several menus near the door, grab a seat, and figure out your meal before getting in line.  It was a very good idea.

Just looking over the wide variety of sandwiches, wraps, soups, and options for folks with special dietary concerns.

I knew when we walked in that the brightly lit and fresh salad bar was going to be part of my meal.  It features several organic selections and maybe most impressive, during our time in the dining room it was freshened up three times.

Looking at the salad bar almost persuaded me to make that my meal, but the deli meats and the fetching aroma inside brought me back to the menu and their Cuban Press.  Pecan-smoked pork loin, ham, Swiss, pickle, and stone ground mustard on a fresh roll.

Yum!  A nice option on the menu is going with a half sandwich and a salad which made for a perfect meal.

You order at the counter and receive a number to take to your table.  There is a number, too, so servers can deliver your food and the staff was friendly and helpful.

With my first visit, I wasn't sure how and when to head to the salad bar, and a young man was quite helpful in showing the way.

And that twist I mentioned earlier?

Quite possibly the best feature... every meal at Jason's Deli includes free ice cream!  A cone or bowl and a choice of chocolate, vanilla, or twist.

The small baked gingerbread muffin came from the salad bar. 

There are other dessert options on the menu board and plenty more great items to try on the menu.  Good food, fresh ingredients, friendly service, and reasonable prices... maybe I'll see you soon at Jason's.

Comments