Trees or Forest?

We can easily lose sight of the forest with all those trees in the way... so it is helpful to take a step back and take it all in for a more complete perspective.

That's one of the reasons to get an annual physical.  Like an oil change every 3,000 miles or so... it's a way to kick the tires, look under the hood, see if everything is running the way, and check out unusual sights - sounds - or smells!

Mine was yesterday.

Good news - I seem to be in good health.  Thank God for blessing me with that throughout my life.  The few health hiccups I've had make me appreciate good health all the more.

The doctor is checking my blood for deep and mysterious signs in case there is something deeper than might be amiss. 
But, looking at the forest from a distance - he said I'm doing quite well. 

While going through the exam, it was brought to my attention that I was overdue for Tetanus booster (also good for Diphtheria and Pertussis).  I'm sure there some of you reading this today who are more than 10 years removed from your booster shot; let me encourage you to get that done.

My memory of the tetanus shot was a big long needle - no need to fear, this was like a typical flu shot and the needle wasn't much more than a quick needle stick.  Check on your status and get up to date - very likely your health insurance covers it with no out of pocket cost to you.

I do need to lose about ten pounds.  (That can't be a big surprise to those of you who follow this blog and various cafe and food updates!) 

That's the goal before next year's scheduled visit.

There is one more test to be scheduled and carried out.  Those of you also over 50 know the test of which I write.

That will be here before you know - and just knowing I can share it with you might help be get through the experience!  (When I was reporting I was willing to do lots of things for the "story," this feels like one of those times.)

In this next test - it won't be about forests or trees - I think this next one will be looking at and under each leaf!

Be sure today to thank God for your health and ask His blessing and guidance for doctors treating those receiving treatment. 

Comments