Shopping Day

It's been a month now since Christmas, and I've just finished shopping.

The J. C. Penney gift card has been sitting quietly on a desk waiting to spring into action.

So I went.

First thing I noticed was that the sales are somewhat difficult to figure out.

Really?  50% off if you purchase three?  That sounds like a good idea, but it was confusing since there seemed to be no price tags on the dress shirts.

There was a nice Wisconsin polo in a section with everything 30 to 50% off. 

Nice and easy to understand discounted prices on sweaters.

Socks.  Dockers.

I made my way to the cashier; handed over an additional discount coupon and the gift card.

Merry Christmas!

On the way out the door, I heard bells.

Well, actually, it was more like an alarm. I stopped and retreated to the nearest cashier station.  A woman behind the counter went through the bag, didn't find anything and sent me on my way through the ringing door.

When I got home and started putting away the Christmas clothes there was an extra treat inside.

It was a security tag - still attached to a pair of Dockers.

Which meant there was yet another day of Christmas to come - when I returned to get the tag removed and a missing discount for the socks!

Comments