Breakfast at Bluephies

When the weekend rolls around, it's time to try another place for breakfast.

Bluephies, on Monroe Street in Madison, has a weekend brunch menu and they had one of their pancakes on Madison Magazine's Top 13 list.

Those two facts put them on my "must go" list.

The pancake?  Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting.

Of course, I skipped the maple syrup so the EMTs could remain seated outside in their truck during my meal.

As you know, I love pancakes.  Especially chocolate chip pancakes.

Sometimes the breakfast place just scatters a few chocolate chips between the cakes and calls it a day.

Bluephies takes it to another level.

The deep red velvet pops on the white china and the cream cheese (it's not just for bagels anymore) creates a breakfast to propel you through your day.

The pancake is spongy and flavorful with a hearty taste. 

The cream cheese, on top and also spread between the two cakes, makes a confluence of flavors that melts in your mouth.

Bluephies is a corner place in a Monroe Street neighborhood that only opens for weekend brunch.  The rest of the week it opens for lunch, dinner, and evening service.

It's a modern, eclectic dining experience.  Open and airy atmosphere with friendly folks seated nearby.
 
Madison is an interesting place for dining - with locally owned and operated places to choose, and a local fare and style once you get inside.

The lunch and dinner menus look good and I can't wait to try those too.  But I think the next time I'm there for breakfast I may have to try the waffle dogs.

Two breakfast sausages dipped in waffle batter and fried - topped with powdered sugar and maple syrup.

Maybe,I should invite the EMTs in to join me for that breakfast.

Comments