In It to Win it! ??


Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4

You are pretty cool. Really.

Just look at everything you've done.  Hey, look at everything I've done!

It's pretty amazing, isn't it?

Of course, upon closer examination, maybe you and I have not done as much as we might like to think.

There are others who deserve credit for accolades strewn in our path.

The good play on the court.  The well-received project at work.  The perfect gift.  There is somebody with whom we could be sharing the credit.

The running back scoring the winning touchdown doesn't make it without blockers and a convincing fake carried out by the quarterback.  It doesn't hurt to have some down field blocking by the receiving corps either... but the back is the one who gets the points in fantasy league.

Our lives are not a fantasy though.  Our co-workers, our friends, our families - enable us to achieve many things.

But even more, our loving God is with us.  Like a wind that lifts eagles soaring; we are elevated and provided opportunity to serve and do our best.

Whether we're young, middle-aged, or old... He is with us whether in the valleys of death or beside the clear waters... through Him we are sustained.

Realizing that - knowing that - is winning... even if (especially if, and when) we lose.

Comments