We've been down-sizing in one way or another for nearly eight years now, so we've been trying to live the 'throw away rat' kind of life.
But for those of you who might have a spring cleaning day in your future - there is reason to celebrate and encourage those pack rats out there.
Today is Pack Rat Day!
Even if we've downsized, there is always something we just can't part with... so in that spirit let's celebrate our inner pack rat with these 'do's and don'ts' that I just couldn't throw away:
- Don't clean your room, basement, garage or any other area today.
- Don't discard anything today...It may be valuable.
- Don't even empty the trash today. You might have accidentally thrown out something useful.
- Do keep an eye out for useful stuff being discarded by others.
- Do go to garage and rummage sales. They can be pack rat gold mines.
- Do look around your belongings and be thankful for what you have.
- Do spend time thinking of uses for your things. Justification for saving is satisfying.
It's likely a better bet than the lottery.