Resolved....

My first resolution for 2013 should be an easy one that I have a good opportunity to accomplish, so let's make it about fan commitments: I resolve to support the Packers, Badgers, Brewers, and Bucks as a loyal fan as I have for the past forty or so years.

Just to pick up the momentum a little, maybe a slightly more difficult one: I resolve to hold doors for people entering or leaving buildings when I have the opportunity.

I resolve to stay fit - continue a daily exercise regimen and plan to ride and run in some scheduled events as the year progresses and the weather improves.

Last year, I wrote 2011 on checks into February on occasion - I resolve to write 2013 on the few financial transactions I still carry out via check.  (This one I will probably break!)

Yet, my biggest resolution is to mark the passage of time (as represented by the earth-motion clock pendulum at the Indiana State Museum) with thanksgiving; prayer for family - friends - acquaintances - and our world; and a more cognizant appreciation of my infinitesimal role in the scheme of things.  I resolve to recognize the glory belongs to Christ and is not of my own doing - and leave all things in His hands.

The interesting thing about resolutions, is their fragility.  For example, check out the fitness clubs and work-out centers around you the next couple of weeks, then go back in March or April.

Steadfast through all the years and in 2013 - is the enduring presence of our loving God.

God's Blessings to you in 2013!

“See, I will create
    new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
    nor will they come to mind. 
 But be glad and rejoice forever
    in what I will create
Isaiah 65: 17 - 18 

Comments