Good-bye 2012, Hello 2013

As I write this, there are 8 - 1/2 hours left to get things done in 2012 (at least in the Central Time Zone of the U.S.A. - some of you are already in 2013 as I write).

Not much time to diet or read or right wrongs or amend grievances - where did the time go?

One thing I was able to check off the list today was mailing the Christmas/New Year card - newsletters to family and friends.  We added the 'New Year' to the title so it wouldn't seem quite so tardy.  It's a good time to reflect on a year of blessings and pray for God's guidance, peace, and continued blessings in the new year.

The fresh snow and the slightly older snow still painted on Madison-area trees today are a reminder of His handiwork - and of His presence, even when we might miss it since we don't pay very close attention.

I'm thankful for the experience of very good friends and the support of family; for a great opportunity to serve in Indianapolis and a new opportunity to serve in Madison; for good health (even (especially) as my age continues to climb); and for His gracious and undeserved love.

In the New Year - I look forward to more and to the unexpected.

At the start of 2012, it wasn't expected that it would be the last year on earth with my father, but it was.  I'm thankful for seven years in Indianapolis where the two of us were able to spend a little more time together.

It wasn't expected to be my last year at Lutheran High School either, but it was.  I'm thankful for being part of such a dynamic ministry and for the many blessings delivered daily by students, teachers, parents, volunteers, and donors.

Those are just a couple of bigger examples of the unexpected in my life this year.  There are more than I can mention here - but I'm thankful for you, dear reader, and knowing that at least a few folks are somewhat interested to read what I have to share.

We know the Mayans were wrong with their grand prediction - so I won't make any here either - just hope to keep writing and serving and working here in Madison.  And once the roads clear, get back on my bike.

Happy New Year!

Comments