In the Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin or Carriage?

What do you see in the picture?

If you've been paying attention to the political races this year (or any of recent memory) you can just imagine the spinners at work.

I'm Peter Peter, and I approved this message.  My opponent spent years saying he was out planting seeds, and so he did.  But, my friends, no weeds were ever pulled, and in a Pumpkineater administration I promise you there are no more weeds in your future - just a bountiful harvest stretching as far as the eye can see.  Our fields will be more productive with those nasty weeds out of the way, and the precision of well manicured fields will bring tears to the eye of many.  No weeds equal bigger pumpkins for all.

Or:

With Mary Contrary as your leader, my friends, we'll embrace diversity in the patch.  We will nourish the unique flowers of our landscape and let the winds blow their seeds far and wide to fill our land with the synergy we will reap a harvest that can raise all boats.  Some may call them weeds, but those views are short-sighted, for even a rose bush in a corn field is nothing but a weed.  Peter Peter tells you weeds are bad - I'm telling you those so-called weeds may be the ingrediant we need for a better life for all.  I'm Mary Contrary, and I approved this message.

Hopefully amidst all the double and triple talk each of us are able to decipher he direction each candidate seeks and decide if it's the same direction we wish to travel. 

In the meantime, we can also be waiting anxiously for the dawn of November 7 and the end of those political commercials (at least for a while).

Comments