For the second consecutive Sunday, there was no Packer football.
Doesn't the NFL realize the implications of such things when they draft their schedule?
Two Sundays - where husbands and boyfriends are not able to use their 'go-to' reason why we can't:
- Go to the museum
- Go to the apple orchard
- Walk the dog
- Mow the lawn
- Call the (insert relative group here)
- Discuss in detail why china should be organized in the cupboard based on the hue of its color
- Take a walk
- Watch that brand new movie recorded from the Hallmark Channel last night.
The bad news is, there is a bye week yet to come, so we need to work together and start planning our football watching for that contingency.
For that Sunday, November 11, you need to be ready with either something YOU planned, or have your reason nothing should come between you and your HDTV.
Might I suggest...
- 'Honey, instead of making dinner for us today - why don't we head to Buffalo Wild Wings for all the wings you can eat. Then, if you like you go shop a while and I'll hold our table for supper.'
- 'Dear, why don't we try this thing I saw on your Pinterest page and construct Lambeau Field out of cold cuts?'
- 'Sweetheart - I've got a great day planned for us! We can snuggle by the fireplace and watch Super Bowls I, II, XXXI, and XLV!'
That will help you stay in front of the glowing LED lights during the playoff push and the college bowl season.
Go, Packers! Good luck, gentlemen.